The novel way to holiday
If you fancy something a little different to camping, get comfortable in one of Springhill's new wigwams. Staying in one of our wigwams is a fun and comfortable alternative to traditional camping holidays which all the family will enjoy.
Springhill has five wigwams based on our caravan and camping site just over half a mile from the sea and a mile from the village of Seahouses. Each wigwam sleep up to five are fully insulated with electric heating meaning wigwams stay cosy all year round. Inside, there are platform beds with mattresses, table, lights, small fridge and kettle. All wigwam guests have access to a communal kitchen and sitting area with internet access.
Wigwam facilities and information:
- Sleep 5 per Wigwam
- Free Wi-Fi
- Lighting, electric sockets & heating in each wigwam
- Fridge and kettle in each wigwam
- Fully equipped communal kitchen *(wigwam use only)
- Communal dining / sitting area with freeveiw television / DVD player *(wigwam use only)
- Outdoor grassed area with a private picnic table
- No bedding or towels supplied you must bring your own
- Laundry facilities
- Male toilet and shower facilities *(wigwam use only)
- Female toilet and shower facilities *(wigwam use only)
- Disabled toilet and shower room in the main toilet block
- Family toilet / bath and shower facilities with baby changing area in the main toilet block
- Information area
- 24 hour emergency contacts
- Peak season reception area selling bread / milk and eggs
- Fire pits
- Children's play area and picnic area
- Adjacent car parking
- Large grassed area for ball games
- All electricity, heating , toilet and shower facilities are included in the cost
- Drying room
- Secure bike storage
- Dogs welcome (max 2 per wigwam)
The history behind us getting wigwams
Wigwams or Boatsheds?
Although we call them wigwams, our distinctive wooden holiday homes are inspired by the upturned boat sheds at nearby Holy Island. The upturned boats on the Island were once part of the largest herring fleet to sail from the east coast of England. Once they became unseaworthy they were turned upside down and used as sheds instead.
Here at Springhill our family has roots in the herring and sea fishing industry as well as farming.
Our Uncle Charlie was a real local character who used to fish the waters off the coastline here. We've named one of our wigwams after him, as a mark of respect and appreciation for what he did and as a nod to Springhill's fishing heritage.
Extra wigwam information & prices
Wigwams are available to stay in all year round.
- 2013 & 2014 prices - £19.50 per adult per night £14 per child (under 14) per night £2.50 per dog per night
- Christmas & New year - £24 per adult per night & £16 per child per night min stay 3 nights
- Single occupancy supplement - £10 per night
- Sleeping bag and pillow hire £2.50 per night
- Min booking of 2 nights - for 1 nights stays please call
- Smoking is not permitted in wigwams
- Dogs welcome, although a maximum of two per wigwam
- Arrival is between 1pm and 8pm with departure before 10am.